Perplexed by medical terms? Don’t know a carcinoma from a hematoma? Medical Terminology For Dummies by Beverley Henderson and Jennifer Lee Dorsey gets you as much as speed speedily on medical terminology fundamentals and assists you master medical definitions, pronunciations, and apps across all wellness treatment fields. When you comprehend medical prefixes, suffixes, and root words, you’ll method even unfamiliar medical conditions with confidence.
This plain English guidebook to language that may be just plain confusing clears up the meanings from the Greek and Latin sources of medical terms. You’ll obtain manage on how these mouthfuls are made, and learn the best way to decipher any medical expression, regardless of how complicated or unconventional. You will also get plenty of assist in pronouncing and remembering medical words, and you will locate out how and why the terminology adjustments from hospital to laboratory to pharmacy.
In Medical Terminology for Dummies you will find out how you can:
• Understand phrase foundations and origins
• Grasp the essential meanings of unfamiliar conditions
• Define frequent prefixes and suffixes
• Identify and pronounce medical terms
• Deconstruct words to understand definitions
• Use plurals and multiples with ease
• Describe medical conditions accurately
• Bone up on terms that describe the anatomy
• Use mnemonic devices to keep in mind medical terms
• Know when words refer to illnesses, injuries, treatments, and more
• Use medical terminology inside the real globe
Total having a record of vital references on medical terminology at the same time as valuable word creating activities Medical Terminology for Dummies puts you in the know very quickly.
Medical Terminology For Dummies
Beverley Henderson and Jennifer Lee Dorsey
For Dummies; 1 edition